Delivery – Installer
- Category:Permanent - full time
Under the responsibility of the Operations Manager, the delivery/installer is responsible for driving a self-supporting vehicle from one location to another, with or without loading according to a given route and a pre-determined schedule. He ensures the condition of the vehicle, its load and the transport of the cargo to the place of installation without damage. He also ensures that the furniture delivered is unpacked, that packaging materials are properly recovered and that any furniture parts that need to be returned to the office are properly recovered. He actively participates in office furniture installations in addition to acting as a resource person and designated interlocutor for the Groupe Focus technical team present at the client’s premises and the company’s representative to the client.
List of the main responsibilities of the function:
- Ensure the early-day inspection of the vehicle and the equipment entrusted to it;
- Complete and manage all documentation required for the transport of furniture (logbook, inspection report, customer documentation, internal reports, photographs, etc.);
- Ensure the safe loading of the entire cargo, transport it to the location designated by the dispatcher and carefully deliver all components to the designated site;
- Recover any equipment belonging to Groupe Ameublement FOCUS Inc. or that entrusted to it by the client that must be returned to the company’s warehouse;
- Respect the delivery times that have been provided in advance;
- Secure the goods (fixings, protection of the goods, etc.);
- Assist in the simple installation of office furniture components as directed by the team leader;
- Communicate professionally with the various actors while being in constant communication with the dispatcher;
- Perform all related activities that the incumbent of the position is reasonably able to perform.
- Hold a DES or equivalent (recognized equivalence or other academic training at the DVS level or higher.)
- Minimum experience of two (2) to three (3) years in an urban driver/deliverer position;
- Experience working in direct contact with customers.
- Hold a valid Class “3” driver’s license and an excellent driving record;
- Excellent knowledge of the city of Montreal and its surroundings;
- Ability to communicate and interact in person with clients;
- Good command of French in communications with customers;
- Proficiency in spoken English is an asset.
- Discretion and sobriety both in appearance and approach;
- Constant search for meticulousness and precision work;
- A security card on construction sites is an asset;
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills, autonomy and a sense of direction;
- Availability to work on call during the day and evening on an irregular schedule including every other Saturday;
- The candidate will be required to undergo security and reference checks before and during employment.